Me and little one were off to the National Museum yesterday. The Science Festival is on at the moment, and the wonderfull North Edinburgh CREATE Team organised an event there. The under 5es were able to handle some Roman exhibits, one of the artists dressed up as a Roman, and we had some song and dance activities in the Museum, too. Afterwards the kids were making a mosaic. Our 8 months old just loved exploring the feel of materials and the lights and the architecture of the place. He handled a Roman mortar and a little cutting tool and mouthed a soft toy rat.
The museum even provided some lunch and he totally mashed up the strawberries when eating and came out all pink – even behind his ears and up to his knees. He was very very tired afterwards as it was so exciting. There are some real good free activities locally for kids, toddlers and babies.
- North Edinburgh Arts Centre has Play at Home with creative activities and physical games for 0-3 year old
- Craigroyston Community High with Early Learning Centre and PEEP Early Education Partnership sessions
- Muirhouse Library Rhymetime on Fridays and West Pilton Neighbourhood Centre on Wednesdays: Bookstart sessions
- Pregnancy and Parents Centre with Baby Music and Laura’s Motherspace
- Baby Massage at Pilton Community Health